Thursday, March 12, 2009

Little Reid-almost 3 weeks old

Our sweet baby is almost 3 weeks old. I cannot believe it! The last several days have been amazing and challenging (and completely exhausting!). I've never felt so clueless in my whole life. We have learned that Reid likes to snuggle and has an incredibly expressive face. He also seems to be a little impatient and slightly temperamental. When it's time to eat he lets out one little peep to signal his hunger and then angry, cranky screaming ensues until we can get him settled and eating. Brian and I always suspected that our offspring would be lacking in the patience department :)

And now, I must brag. Reid rolled over from his stomach to his back at 15 days old. What's that you say? Must have been a fluke? That's what we thought too! So we put him back on his tummy, and he did it again. He's repeated his amazing feat 3 times since Saturday making his parents very proud. We also took Reid on his first "real" outing (excluding two check-ups at the pediatrician). We went to Brian's soccer game on Sunday, and Reid did great. Oh, and Brian's team won...yay!

My mom left on Sunday afternoon so I've been going it alone during the day while Brian's at work. Does anyone know where I can purchase an extra set of arms?!

So, here is the last two weeks in pictures:


Posing after Brian's soccer game


Watching Brian's soccer game


We didn't catch him rolling over on camera, but this is him on his back after rolling over for the first time!


Reid's "kissy face"--one of my favorite expressions


Precious!


Brian reading Goodnight Moon to Reid for the first time outside the womb


Hanging out in his Snuggle Nest in our bed






Sleeping on Daddy is one of his favorite past times!



Reid's first walk outside--he's in the pouch


Little, tiny Reid inside his pouch


Looking at himself in the mirror on his playmat...


This is his expression upon seeing himself in the mirror--I think he likes what he sees!

No comments: