Saturday, May 1, 2010

Update

This will be a fairly short update because we still don't have Internet at the new house, and I'm blogging via iPhone.

I had my first follow up appt and sonogram on Friday. I was actually kind of excited and hopeful. I thought things might have improved since I went on bed rest. At the least, I hoped they would have remained the same. I mean, in the last two weeks, I have not participated in any of Reid's daily care, I have not been to work, and my activity level has been pretty minimal. I sat up at the table for some meals and sat in our leather recliner occasionally, but I spent most of my time on the couch or in bed.

So, Brian and I were very disheartened when the ultrasound showed that thing were worse. My cervix is down to 2.0cm from 2.8cm on 4/16. It is frustrating and scary to do the right things and to still have a negative outcome. I could not feel more out of control right now.

The good news: our sweet baby girl continues to grow and thrive and measure perfectly.

The bad news: I'm just now 22 weeks, and we've got to keep her safe and healthy inside of me longer. A LOT longer!

The plan: even more strict with the bed rest. I'm trying to stay lying down except to get up and go to the bathroom and for the occasional shower. No getting up to get a drink, sitting up to eat, etc... That, and lots of prayer. We continue to trust in the Lord and know that he us good. He already knows the plans he has for our precious girl.

And, *when* (not if) I make it back for my next appt in two weeks, I'll be 24 weeks, the baby will be viable outside of the womb, and I will be far enough along to receive the first round of steroids to speed lung development.

2 comments:

Barbara Ann said...

We are keeping you in our prayers. Hope you and baby girl have a better appointment next time.

Jennifer said...

We are praying for you Allison!!! Best of luck, and thanks for keeping us posted.