Monday, February 2, 2009

Baby Showers!


We were so lucky to have two awesome baby showers in the month of January! 

COUPLES SHOWER:
On January 10, we had a "Winter Wonderland" themed couples shower hosted by my sister and my dear childhood (and forever) friends Sally, Martha and Cara. There was an impressive array of hot beverages including every variety of hot chocolate imaginable. There were even different kinds of marshmallows. Fancy! Our dining room table was covered with a delicious assortment of desserts. The boys ate and played with the Wii while the girls ate, talked and opened gifts. We had so much fun visiting with friends and family, and Baby Boy McFarland got tons of great gifts.

Enjoy the pictures:



Me and Brian before the shower

Some of the pretty gifts


Me, Martha and Cara


Helmut, Brian and Toby "Wii-ing"


Cute snowflake cake


I was so excited about getting My Brest Friend


Beau was such a great assistant!


Adorable diaper cake made by Sally


Cason's first big social event


CHURCH SHOWER:
On January 31 the wonderful girls from my small group at church hosted a shower for me and Brooke.  Brooke is also in our small group, and she is having a baby boy who is due March 6!  We had lots of fun with the girls from our Adult Bible Fellowship (Sunday School) class and enjoyed some delicious food.  Brooke and I both received many amazing gifts for our little boys. Brooke and her husband have decided to name their little one Gavin.  My mom was so excited that someone was announcing their baby's name, so she embroidered Brooke's baby gift.  

More pictures from our church shower:


Brooke showing off Texas Tech gear


Our small group girls: Lee, Kelly, me, Brooke, Lindsay, Sarah and Brandy (poor Sally was at home sick!)


Cute and delicious petit fours


My mom gave me the quilt for our baby bedding that she made!  Such talent!


Excuse my stupid expressions--I was so thrilled to have my first Tulsa Golden Hurricane baby gift!



Completely NOT shower-related but way too cute not to post!


Cason's winter hat :)


No comments: