Saturday, February 7, 2009

Yuck!

We had our weekly appointment on Tuesday, and it was more of the same--breech baby, cord around the neck but otherwise good.  The doctor went ahead and scheduled a date for a c-section which is (drumroll please), Friday, February 20.  We still go back this Wednesday to see if things have changed, and the c-section can always been cancelled or moved.  For now, though, we have a date.  

On a much less happy note...  I started getting sick late Wednesday night with what we lovingly refer to around here as the Black Death.  I'll spare the majorly graphic details, but hours of vomiting, diarrhea and fever ensued.  After the prescriptions that were called in in the middle of the night (and picked up by Brian who deserves the husband of the year award) did nothing to help,  my OB ended up admitting me to the hospital Thursday morning.  I had severe dehydration which had started causing some contractions.  After 24 hours of IV fluids, medications and baby monitoring (he's perfectly fine), I was released yesterday around 11 am.  I'm still not feeling 100%, and I'm still only tolerating clear liquids, but overall I feel much better.  Now we're in serious disinfecting mode and praying that Brian does not get sick.  Keep your fingers crossed...

We're planning a quiet weekend of resting and baby preparations around here!  Hope you all have a great weekend.  

No comments: